- Making sure that research funding programmes, notably Horizon 2020, contribute to the Commission's jobs, growth and investment package.
- Promoting the international excellence of the EU's research and science and strengthening research capacities and innovation across all Member States
- Evaluating how EU‑funded research can be used more effectively.
- Ensuring that Commission proposals are based on scientific evidence.
- Encouraging private companies to apply research to meet challenges faced by society and create more high-quality jobs.
Carlos Moedas is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Euro and Social Dialogue
- Digital Single Market
- Energy Union
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation
Secretary of State to the Prime Minister of Portugal
Member of the Portuguese Parliament
Senior Economic Advisor of the Portuguese Social Democratic Party (PSD)
Founder of Crimson Investment Management
Managing Director and Member of the Executive Committee Board of Aguirre Newman
Consultant on mergers and acquisitions, Deutsche Bank and Eurohypo Investment Bank
Investment Banking Associate at Goldman Sachs
MBA, Harvard Business School
Engineer and Project Manager at Suez Group
Degree in civil engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico de Lisboa
Co-Author of the book "The New Paradigm of Real-Estate investment" (O Novo Paradigma Do Investimento Imobiliário)