- Ensuring the EU delivers on its commitments to the Millennium Development Goals to reduce poverty.
- Setting out the Commission and EU positions for the negotiations on the United Nations Millennium Development Goal agenda after 2015.
- Working with national governments in a way that makes the EU's development aid more effective.
- Launching negotiations on a revised Cotonou agreement with the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States.
Neven Mimica is part of the following Project Teams:
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Mimica
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Mimica
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
Croatian nationality. Married with two children.
European Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development
European Commissioner for Consumer Policy
Deputy Prime Minister for Internal, Foreign and European Policy
Deputy Speaker of Croatian Parliament, Chair of the European Integration Committee
Member of Croatian Parliament, representing Socijaldemokratska partija hrvatske (Social Democratic Party)
Minister for European Integration
Assistant Minister, then Deputy Minister of the Economy, Chief Negotiator for the Stabilisation and Association Agreement and WTO accession of Croatia
Diplomatic service of the SFR Yugoslavia and Croatia
Assistant Chairman of the Republic's Committee for Foreign Relations
Adviser to the Republic's Committee for Foreign Relations
Staff member of the Republic's Committee for Foreign Relations
Import-export clerk at Astra
Master's degree in economics, University of Zagreb