- Pursuing an ambitious trade agenda to the benefit of European citizens, SMEs and the broader economy.
- Representing the EU in the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and other international trade fora.
- Negotiating bilateral trade agreement with key countries, including reaching a balanced and reasonable Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) with the U.S. that respects Europe’s safety, health, social and data protection standards, and our cultural diversity.
- Developing a strong foreign direct investment policy.
- Evaluating the use of Europe's trade defence instruments and deciding on the best way forward.
- Strengthening the EU's strategic partnership with Africa.
- Working with developing countries to include them in the world trading economy, and uphold European values such as human rights, social and environmental protection.
Cecilia Malmström is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Europe in the World
- Digital Single Market
- Energy Union
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Malmström
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
Letters to and from the Commissioner are published on her correspondence page.
Swedish nationality. Married with two children.
European Commissioner for Trade
European Commissioner for Home Affairs
Minister for EU affairs
Vice-President for Folkpartiet (Swedish Liberal Party)
Member of Folkpartiet Party Executive
Member of the European Parliament
Member of Västra Götaland Regional Council
Senior Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Göteborg University
Ph.D. in Political Science, Gothenburg University
Vice Chair of Göteborg Municipal Immigration Committee
Lay assessor at Göteborg City Court