- Leading the project team "Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness".
- Delivering the new jobs, growth and investment programme, which will mobilise up to €300 billion in additional public and private investment in the real economy over the next three years.
- Coordinating the mid-term review of the Europe 2020 strategy, Europe's economic growth strategy.
- Pursuing structural reforms in EU countries and ensuring, together with the Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue, that the EU's economic policy coordination is successful and takes account of the social impacts of reforms.
- Helping improve the business environment to make Europe a more attractive place in which to work and invest.
Jyrki Katainen's team supports him in his daily work.
Appointments and meetings
Finnish nationality. Married with two children.
Commission Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
Prime Minister of Finland
Finance Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of Finland
Vice-President of the European People's Party
President of the Finnish National Coalition Party
Vice-President of the Finnish National Coalition Party
First Vice-President of the Regional Council of Northern Savonia, Finland
Member of the Finnish Parliament
Vice-President of the Youth of the European People's Party
Master's degree in Social Sciences