- Leading the project team "Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness".
- Delivering the new jobs, growth and investment programme, which will mobilise up to €300 billion in additional public and private investment in the real economy over the next three years.
- Coordinating the mid-term review of the Europe 2020 strategy, Europe's economic growth strategy.
- Pursuing structural reforms in EU countries and ensuring, together with the Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue, that the EU's economic policy coordination is successful and takes account of the social impacts of reforms.
- Helping improve the business environment to make Europe a more attractive place in which to work and invest.
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Vice-President Katainen
- Information on meetings held by the Vice-President's Cabinet
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
Finnish nationality. Married with two children.
Commission Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
Prime Minister of Finland
Finance Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of Finland
Vice-President of the European People's Party
President of the Finnish National Coalition Party
Vice-President of the Finnish National Coalition Party
First Vice-President of the Regional Council of Northern Savonia, Finland
Member of the Finnish Parliament
Vice-President of the Youth of the European People's Party
Master's degree in Social Sciences