Related departments: Related topics:
- Ensuring that financial markets are properly regulated and supervised so that they are stable, competitive and transparent, at the service of jobs and growth. This includes the full implementation of the Banking Union.
- Establishing a Capital Markets Union by 2019, for all 28 Member States of the EU, and maximising the benefits of capital markets and non-bank financial institutions for the rest of the economy, and in particular SMEs.
- Proposing measures to make financial services work better for consumers and retail investors.
- Promoting global consistency in regulation and the implementation of agreed standards and principles in cooperation with international partners.
Jonathan Hill is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Euro and Social Dialogue
- Digital Single Market
- Better Regulation and Inter-Institutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
European Parliament hearings
European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union
Leader of the House of Lords and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
Under-secretary of State for Education
Director, Quiller Consultants
Senior Consultant at Bell Pottinger Communications
Political Secretary to Prime Minister John Major
No. 10 Policy Unit
Special Adviser to the Right Honourable Kenneth Clarke
Research Department of the Conservative Party
Masters of Arts in History from Trinity College, Cambridge