- Leading the project team "Budget and Human Resources"
- Negotiating and managing the EU budget; ensuring the budget is invested in the best way to serve EU citizens.
- Reporting on how the budget is spent to the European Parliament, the Council and the European Court of Auditors.
- Protecting the EU budget from fraud and corruption.
- Developing a corporate talent‑management policy as the Commission strives to achieve savings in a difficult economic environment.
- Making sure that women represent 40% of the Commission's senior and middle management by the end of 2019.
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their Cabinets publish information on meetings held with professional organisations or self-employed individuals on any matter relating to EU policy-making and implementation:
Bulgarian nationality. Married with one child.
Commission Vice-President for Budget and Human Resources
European Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response
Vice-President and Corporate Secretary of the World Bank
World Bank Director for Strategy and Sustainable Development
World Bank Director for the Russian Federation
World Bank Director for Environmental Strategy
World Bank: Environmental Economist, Senior Environmental Economist, Sector Manager, Sector Director
Consultant for environmental economics at Mercer Management Consulting
Research Fellow, Department of Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science
Ph.D. in Economics, University of National and World Economy
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor for Economics, University of National and World Economy
Master's degree in Political Economy and Sociology, University of National and World Economy