- Facilitate, under the coordination of Vice-President Šefčovič*, the adoption by the co-legislators of all the legislative proposals presented by the Commission to complete the Digital Single Market.
- Prepare, as part of the project team steered and coordinated by Vice-President Šefčovič*, ambitious proposals for the completion of a connected Digital Single Market, based on the mid-term review.
- Develop and implement measures to make Europe more trusted and secure online, so that citizens and business can fully reap the benefits of the digital economy.
- Ensure that the EU can be a catalyst for public and private investment, focusing on high-quality, digital network infrastructure.
- Support the development of creative industries and of a successful European media and content industry.
- Contribute to activities that turn digital research into successful European innovation stories.
*following the departure of Vice-President Ansip who was elected to the European Parliament.
Mariya Gabriel is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment & Competitiveness
- Digital Single Market
- Energy Union
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Mariya Gabriel
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Gabriel
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
Bulgarian nationality. Married with one child.
Vice-President of the EPP Group in the European Parliament
Member of the European Parliament, EPP/GERB (Citizens for European development of Bulgaria)
Vice-President of the EPP Women
Parliamentary secretary to MEPs from GERB political party within the EPP Group
Research Assistant, Institute of Political Sciences, Bordeaux, France
ATER (Attaché Temporaire d'enseignement et de Recherche), Institute of Political Science, Bordeaux, France
Master in Comparative Politics and International Relations Academy for Political Science, Bordeaux, France
Certificate in Political Science, IEP Institute for Political Studies, Bordeaux, France
BA in Bulgarian and French Languages in Paisii Hilendarski Plovdiv University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria