Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200
- Renewing the strategy for completing the single market for goods and services, including extending the list of products to be recognised in all EU countries and eliminating remaining obstacles.
- Maintaining and reinforcing a strong and high-performing industrial base for our internal market, by stimulating investment in new technologies, improving the business environment and easing access to markets and to finance.
- Identifying new sources for high-value jobs and growth, in industry and services with a focus on start-ups.
- Encouraging EU countries to make defence markets more efficient and open to EU-wide competition by cooperating in defence contracts and using synergies.
- Setting the right regulatory conditions for the development of space applications and services in Europe and delivering innovative projects such as Copernicus and GALILEO.
- EU SME Envoy
Elżbieta Bieńkowska is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Digital Single Market
- Energy Union
- Euro and Social Dialogue
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Bieńkowska
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- 2014 - present
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Infrastructure and Development
- 2013 - 2014
Minister of Regional Development
- 2007 - 2013
Director, Regional Development Office – Marshal's Office of Silesia Region
- 1999 - 2007
Post-graduate diploma from the Polish National School of Public Administration
Master's degree in oriental philology, Jagiellonian University