Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200
- Renewing the strategy for completing the single market for goods and services, including extending the list of products to be recognised in all EU countries and eliminating remaining obstacles.
- Maintaining and reinforcing a strong and high-performing industrial base for our internal market, by stimulating investment in new technologies, improving the business environment and easing access to markets and to finance.
- Identifying new sources for high-value jobs and growth, in industry and services with a focus on start-ups.
- Encouraging EU countries to make defence markets more efficient and open to EU-wide competition by cooperating in defence contracts and using synergies.
- Setting the right regulatory conditions for the development of space applications and services in Europe and delivering innovative projects such as Copernicus and GALILEO.
- EU SME Envoy
Elżbieta Bieńkowska is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Digital Single Market
- Energy Union
- Euro and Social Dialogue
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- 2014 - present
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Infrastructure and Development
- 2013 - 2014
Minister of Regional Development
- 2007 - 2013
Director, Regional Development Office – Marshal's Office of Silesia Region
- 1999 - 2007
Post-graduate diploma from the Polish National School of Public Administration
Master's degree in oriental philology, Jagiellonian University