- Leading the project team "Digital Single Market".
- Creating a connected digital single market and making Europe a world leader in information and communication technology.
- Breaking down national silos in telecoms regulation, in copyright and data protection legislation and in the management of radio waves.
- Helping build the framework conditions for protecting citizens online, including fighting against cybercrime.
- Simplifying consumer rules for online shopping.
- Mobilising additional public and private investment for infrastructure such as broadband networks.
- Promoting digital and eGovernment approaches in national and EU administrations.
- Supporting the development of cultural and creative industries in Europe.
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
Estonian nationality. Married with three children.
Commission Vice-President for the Digital Single Market
- 2014 - date
Member of the European Parliament, Vice-President for the ALDE group
Member of the Estonian parliament
Prime Minister of Estonia
Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications
Mayor of Tartu
Deputy Head of Tartu Department of North Estonian Bank
Member of the Board of Directors, Rahvapank
Senior engineer, Institute of General and Molecular Pathology, Tartu State University