- Modernising and simplifying EU food safety policy while keeping the current high level of safety and ensuring existing policies have maximum effect.
- Ensuring the Commission is ready in supporting the EU’s capacity to deal with crisis situations in food safety or pandemics.
- Reviewing the laws that oblige the Commission to authorise genetically modified organisms (GMOs), even when a majority of national governments opposes them.
- Building up knowledge on the performance of national health systems to shape national and EU policies.
- Helping address the challenge of increased calls on national health services at a time of intense pressure on public finances.
Vytenis Andriukaitis is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Digital Single Market
- Better Regulation and Inter-Institutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Andriukaitis
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Andriukaitis
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
Lithuanian nationality. Married with three children.
Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
Vice-President of the World Health Assembly
Minister for Health
Deputy Speaker of the Lithuanian Parliament
Party leader of Lietuvos Socialdemokratų Partija (LSDP, Social Democratic Party of Lithuania)
Member of the Lithuanian Parliament
- 1992-04 and 2008-14
Signatory of the act of independence of Lithuania and co-author of the country's constitution
Founder of the LSDP
Medical doctor and surgeon in Kaunas, Ignalina and Vilnius
Master's degree in History, Vilnius University
Medical doctor's degree, Kaunas Institute of Medicine