<p>The ECCP Working Group 6 ("Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from ships") aims at providing input to the Commission in its work to develop and assess options for the inclusion of international maritime transport emissions in the EU's greenhouse gas reduction commitment. Within this context, the specific objectives of this meeting are to present views, information, concerns and engage in an active discussion on relevant topics such as; possible measures, impacts, use of revenues and how to avoid evasion.</p>
- Climate change policy | Reduction of gas emissions | Sustainable mobility | Maritime shipping | Inland waterway transport | Transport policy
All interested stakeholders may send relevant position papers, comments or questions on how to address maritime transport GHG emissions at the EU level, to this email: CLIMA-ECCP-SHIPS@ec.europa.eu.
These comments will be taken into consideration by the European Commission and brought to the attention of all participants during the meetings.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is the 30th of September 2011.
- Background Document - Scope
- Background Document – Enforcement
- Background Document - Monitoring, Reporting, Verification (MRV)
- Presentation from DG CLIMA – Introduction
- Presentation from EEA – Maritime
- Presentation from DG CLIMA – Scope
- Presentation from DG CLIMA – Enforcement