<p>The 2018 UN climate change conference (COP24) was held from 2 to 15 December in Katowice, Poland. The EU and its Member States took part as parties to the UN climate change convention.</p>
- climate change policy | international cooperation | international agreement | Paris Agreement on Climate Change | reduction of gas emissions | international negotiations
The 2018 UN climate change conference (COP24) was held from 2 to 15 December in Katowice, Poland. The EU and its Member States took part as parties to the UN climate change convention.
EU side events
The EU Pavilion hosted more than 100 side events aimed at stimulating debate on key thematic areas, engaging observers and facilitating dialogue with party delegates and other participants.
For any further information: CLIMA-EU-SIDE-EVENTS@ec.europa.eu
EU press materials
- 17/12 - EU and New Zealand to strengthen cooperation on emissions trading systems
- 15/12 - UN climate talks: EU plays instrumental role in making the Paris Agreement operational
- 12/12 - COP24: EU and allies in breakthrough agreement to step up ambition
- 12/12 - COP24 side event: European strategic vision for long-term greenhouse gas emissions reduction
- 11/12 - EU steps up support to the Adaptation Fund
- 11/12 - Signature by the EU and the International Solar Alliance of a Joint Declaration for cooperation on solar energy
- 11/12 - Coal regions in transition: no region and no citizen left behind
- 04/12 - Speech by Vice-President Šefčovič at the Global Climate Action high-level event at COP24
- 03/12 - Speech by Vice-President Šefčovič at the COP24 - Leaders Summit
- 03/12 - UN climate conference in Katowice: EU aims for adoption of rules and guidelines for implementing Paris Agreement
- 03/12 - UN climate change conference in Katowice - questions and answers
- 28/11 - The Commission calls for a climate neutral Europe by 2050
EU press briefings
On-demand webcasts of press briefings by the EU delegation are available on the UNFCCC website.