Grant Funding for CEF eInvoicing Available: Last call prior to legal deadline!
European Commission 2018
Don't miss the 2018-2 CEF Telecom calls Virtual Info Day Thursday, 17. May 2018- 10:00
Financed by the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), the call for proposals (CEF-TC-2018-2) provides grant funding of up to € 5 million to support the adoption of compliant eInvoicing solutions by both public and private entities. CEF funding covers up to 75% of the costs of implementation. The deadline for applications is 18 September 2018.
This is your last chance to receive CEF grant funding before 18 April 2019, the legal deadline for Member States to transpose into national law and implement Directive 2014/55/EU (on eInvoicing in public procurement).
The Directive calls for the creation of a European standard on eInvoicing. The European standard on eInvoicing helps prevent the proliferation of differing eInvoices. Working at a syntax level, it helps increase cross-border interoperability and so support business and administration in Europe.
Below you will find key information needed to submit a grant proposal. However, you will need to read the Call Text, which outlines the objectives of the grant funding and how to apply, before submission. The Innovation & Networks Executive Agency (INEA) provides the call text and supporting information grants. INEA is responsible for organising CEF calls for proposals.
Proposals must address one or both of the following objectives:
- Uptake of eInvoicing solutions compliant with the European standard and its ancillary deliverables by public authorities (central, regional, and local);
- Update of existing eInvoicing solutions compliant with the European standard and its ancillary deliverables. For example, such updates should allow end-to-end eProcurement to be ensured through the integration of Invoicing modules in eProcurement platforms or solutions aiming at full automation, or other innovative solutions such as real-time eInvoicing/reporting;
Priority will be given to projects coming from countries that are lagging behind in terms of eInvoicing maturity as well as to innovative solutions coming from all countries.
All proposals must also:
- Demonstrate that CEF funding is necessary to increase the applicants' Invoicing readiness for the support of the European standard;
- Commit to ensuring full compliance with the European standard and to implement both syntaxes (UBL 2.1 and CII) of the European standard;
- Address eDelivery for the purpose of document delivery by either deploying the CEF eDelivery Building Block, or proving the use of eDelivery through a service provider for cross-border communication as the minimal accepted scope;
As noted in the 2018 Work Programme, potential applicants should keep the following in mind:
- The proposal must include the agreement of the concerned Member State(s);
- The composition of the proposing consortium complies with the requirements which re clearly explained in both the 2018 Work Programme and Call Text;
- The proposal is submitted by legal persons
The proposals will be evaluated on the basis of three criteria: ‘Relevance’, ‘Quality and efficiency of the implementation’ and ‘Impact’.
The timetable for this call for proposals is as follows:
Date of publication of call for proposals
3 May 2018
Deadline for the submission of proposals
18 September 2018 (17:00.00 Brussels time)
Evaluation of proposals
October-December 2018 (indicative)
Consultation of the CEF Committee
January 2019 (indicative)
Adoption of the Selection Decision
January 2019 (indicative)
Preparation and signature of grant agreements
between January and June 2019 (indicative)
Still have questions?
Register for the 2018-2 CEF Telecom calls Virtual Info Day;
- Send an email to INEA-CEF-TELECOMCALLS@ec.europa.eu;
- Browse INEA's Frequently Asked Questions;
- Follow INEA on Twitter @inea_eu or LinkedIn or visit the Build a Consortium LinkedIn group;
This page has no comments.