- The primary aim of the service desk is to restore the normal service to the users as quickly as possible.
- In this context restoration of service means:
- Support the NCPeH organisations identifying, reporting and solving incidents and problems that may occur during eHDSI Service Transition and Service Operation phases.
- While this could involve fixing a technical fault, it could equally involve fulfilling a service request or answering a query – anything that is needed to allow the users to return to working satisfactorily.
Logging all relevant incident/service request details and allocating categorization and prioritization codes
Providing first line investigation and diagnosis
Resolving those incidents/service requests that do not need escalating across IT
Escalating incidents/service requests to Level 3 expertise that the eHDSI Central Service Desk cannot resolve
Closing all resolved incidents, service requests and other calls
Conducting customer/user satisfaction call backs/surveys as agreed
Communication with users – keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
Updating the Knowledge base within the CEF Wiki Digital pages under the direction and approval of Operations management
It is possible to reduce the number of service desks by merging them into a single location by drawing the staff into one or more centralized service desk structures.
This can be more efficient and cost effective, allowing fewer overall staff to deal with a higher volume of calls, and can also lead to higher skill levels through greater familiarization.
- eHDSI Central Service desk
- Working Hours - 09:00 to 18:00 CET
The eHDSI Central Service Desk is not dealing directly with End-Users questions (that is the Country Service Desk responsibility). In that way, the type of issues to be reported to and resolved by eHDSI Central Service desk does not require a 24 x 7 support.
- MS Country service desk
- Working Hours: Defined by each country, available at: Country & Central Service Desks - contacts and availability page.
Single Point of Contact - eHDSI Central Service Desk
- L1 and L2
- By email (Functional Mail Box)
- English language
- L3 and L4
- Via JIRA (escalated from L2) → Internal eHDSI Solution provider process
- English language
At this time, and taking in consideration the type of issues expected, there is no strong argument to provide Support also by phone call. This communication channel may be added in the future, in case the need is identified.