Please help us make CEF Digital better by filling in this brief survey:
eInvoicing in Slovenia
The Law on the provision of payment services to budget users mandates the use of eInvoices in billing for public procurement. The use of eInvoices is fully applied in the public sector (B2G and G2G). The law further mandates the use of the Public Payments’ Administration of the Republic of Slovenia (PPA) eInvoicing system and details its tasks.
eInvoicing platform and eInvoicing management solutions
In Slovenia, it is mandatory that eInvoices in B2G and G2G are sent through the PPA eInvoicing system. eInvoices can be transmited by economic operators through different channels (webservices, webportal, etc.) and by using different market solutions. The vast majority of eInvoices in Slovenia are exchanged via eInvoicing networks providers. BizBox and Bankart Banks Network are the main eInvoicing solution providers used by public entities and economic operators in Slovenia. Major Slovenian providers of enterprise software solutions (ERP solutions, accounting solutions...) have their own software solutions integrated with the eInvoicing network providers, thus enabling their users without further investments to engage in a broader ecosystem where exchange between all participating partners in the network and between different networks is possible with the highest possible degree of automation. This way, users are not required to use additional software solutions for sending and receiving eInvoices and other business documents.
Approach for receiving and processing eInvoices
In Slovenia, economic operators send all eInvoices to the PPA through its central eInvoicing system (PPA eInvoicing system). Economic operators can submit eInvoices:
- Manually via the Web portal PPA eInvoicing (UJP eRačun). This service is provided to small businesses that can directly submit up to 60 eInvoices per year;
- Automatically via eInvoicing solution providers that have successfully obtained certification from the PPA eInvoicing system and have established a direct link with it. This method for sending eInvoices is recommended for medium and large-sized enterprises due to the process automation and the data integration with the companies’ in-house management systems;
- Automatically through Bankart eInvoicing solutions provided by banks participating in the eInvoicing interbank exchange in Slovenia. It is used in the eInvoicing interbank exchange with the PPA. The Bankart allows the participating banks and the PPA to submit and receive electronic invoices to and from their clients using their own solutions (e.g. electronic banking services).
Status on the implementation of the European Standard on eInvoicing (EN)
The new version of e-SLOG standard (version 2.0) is compliant with the EN. e-SLOG 2.0 is based on UN/EDIFACT INVOIC syntax as this syntax is wide-spread in Slovenia among economic operators.
The Public Payment Administration of the Republic of Slovenia (PPA) is the single entry and exit point for the exchange of eInvoices with budget users. Budget users receive and issue eInvoices in the e-SLOG standard version 1.6.
From 1 June 2018 onwards they can also receive them in e-SLOG version 2.0, UBL 2.1 and CEFACT CII.
The PPA developed the following solutions in order to enable budget users to receive eInvoices in the EU standard:
- Transformation of the eInvoice received in the European standard (UBL 2.1 or CEFACT CII syntax) into the new e-SLOG standard version 2.0
- Transformation of the eInvoice received in the new e-SLOG standard version 2.0 into the existing e-SLOG standard version 1.6
- Supported eInvoice visualization in e-SLOG version 2.0
The PPA upgraded the entry point so that it now includes entry points for eDelivery in accordance with the eDelivery AS4 and OpenPEPPOL AS2 profiles, thus enabling budget users to receive eInvoices submitted in the European standard.
The contracting entities other than budget users can use Exchange hub for eInvoicing in accordance with the eInvoicing Directive and the EN. The Exchange hub is operated by company ZZI and provides users the same set of functionality for eInvoicing as the PPA's single entry and exit point for budget users. The ZZI's Exchange hub is also certified PEPPOL access point.
No additional information available.
VALIDATED BY THE EMSFEI MEMBER