About the service
CEF e-Delivery offers two different types of testing services:
- Conformance Testing service
- Connectivity Testing service
The goal of the CEF eDelivery Conformance Testing service is to verify that an implementation of the CEF eDelivery Access Point and SMP specifications, a software package either commercial or Open Source, conforms to the relevant CEF eDelivery specifications.
The goal of the CEF eDelivery Connectivity Testing service is to test if a newly installed AS4 Access Point, conformant with the CEF eDelivery specifications, can successfully communicate with the sample AS4 Access Point hosted by the European Commission or if a newly installed SMP server, conformant with the CEF eDelivery specifications, can respond to sample requests. If successful, these tests confirm that the relevant component is in all likelihood correctly deployed and configured.
The following specifications are tested within the scope of the eDelivery Conformance testing service:
The CEF eDelivery Team provides ready to use test cases, a testing platform, and supports the users of the CEF eDelivery Conformance Testing service during the entire testing process.
Users of the service
- Software Providers: to confirm that their software product is conform to the CEF eDelivery specifications.
- Service Providers: to confirm that their implementation of the CEF eDelivery sample software or one of its stand-alone services conforms to the CEF eDelivery specifications.
Benefits for the users of the service
The CEF eDelivery Conformance Testing service has been designed to generate a list of benefits to the users of the service:
- Confirm and assure your users/customers that your software package or implementation of the CEF eDelivery Access Point conforms to the CEF eDelivery specifications;
- Testing supported by professional staff of the European Commission;
- Quick testing cycle with reduced cost and time;
- Testing anywhere at anytime;
- Tests are fully domain-neutral;
- Ready to use test cases and test platform with a common and standardised plugin