Big Data Test Infrastructure Services
BDTI Test Infrastructure
About the service
The test infrastructure allows users to request a virtual testing environment built on the Amazon AWS stack which provides a pre-configured and ready to use environment for analytics experiments. Users will have to provide background information about the pilot they wish to conduct and indications on the size of the pilot. Based on this information, the CEF BDTI team will assess the request, discuss the technical requirements through a workshop and provide users with the virtual environment that is best suited for their pilot. In addition, users will receive documentation that explains how the environment can be used.
Who can use the service?
This service is available to European public administrations that have an interest in testing analytics tools and standards to harness the potential of their data. In general, the key users of this service are:
- Policymakers, who can be supported by a dedicated specialised team to implement and execute the big data pilot using a ready-to-use big data platform, employing pre-built analytical functionalities to save costs and time.
- IT practitioners, who can be supported with a ready-to-use big data platform, respecting privacy policies and using open source tools.
- Data analysts, who have the possibility to easily run analytics and create knowledge from several data sets, using a variety of analytics tools and technologies.
Benefits of using the service
The virtual testing environment for pilots offers public administrations in Europe the possibility to:
- increase the adoption of big data technologies and the acquisition of analytics skills;
- gain insights from the added-value of big data and analytics tools in the public sector and its added value in the policy-making process.