New Q2 2019 figures show increased Building Block adoption
The latest quarterly figures for the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF)-funded Digital Service Infrastructure (DSIs), including Building Blocks, show that their adoption continued to increase in Q2 2019.
To build a Digital Single Market in Europe, the CEF programme supports a set of generic and reusable Digital Service Infrastructures (DSI), also known as Building Blocks. Currently, there are eight Building Blocks: Big Data Test Infrastructure, Context Broker, Archiving, eDelivery, eID, eInvoicing, eSignature and eTranslation. Blockchain and the Once Only Principle are also on their way to becoming CEF Building Blocks. Some DSI are specific to certain sectors, such as eHealth or eJustice.
Increased uptake at a glance
- Big Data Test Infrastructure: the number of projects reusing BDTI increased from 22 to 38 (+72.3%) and is now in France, Belgium, Norway and Bulgaria (+4 countries);
- eID (Peer reviewed eID schemes): the number of reviewed eID schemes went from 10 to 13 (+30%);
- eSignature (DSS downloads): total downloads of the DSS library increased by almost 82% (the highest number Q4 2016);
- eSignature (Conformance testing): number of eSignature Conformance tests increased by 20.9%;
- eTranslation (Language resource collection and curation): number of languages covered increased from 34 to 36 and the number of language resources increased from 1418 to 1713 (20.8%);
- eProcurement (eCertis): the number of unique visitors increased by 52.0% (Now 22.118);
- eHealth: the number of transactions between countries increased from 11.482 to 16.195 (+41.0%) and the number of exchanged eDispensations increased from 1.033 to 1.669 (+61.6%).
Q1 2014 - Q2 2019, CEF Monitoring Dashboard
New Cybersecurity DSI Dashboard
The Commission launched a new dashboard shows the uptake of the Cybersecurity DSI. The dashboard reports on the number of CSIRTs (Computer Security Incident Response Teams). A CSIRT is a group of IT professionals that provides an organization with services and support surrounding the prevention, management and coordination of potential cybersecurity-related emergencies. The Cybersecurity DSI promotes the establishment and deployment of a voluntary core cooperation platform of cooperation mechanisms
The European Commission updates the CEF Dashboard on a quarterly basis with new data and features to improve the visibility on the progress made by the DSIs and to enhance transparency.
This page has no comments.