- Current language : bg
Обява за свободна позиция в Представителството на Европейската комисия в България
Представителството на Европейската комисия в България търси да наеме Ръководител екип "Политически анализи".
Срок за кандидатстване: 13 октомври 2019г.
Team Leader – Political Reporting
Temporary agent (AD5), contract duration – 3 years
The European Commission Representation in Bulgaria is part of DG Communication network of representative offices throughout the 28 Member States of the European Union. We are the Commission’s voice in Bulgaria and we communicate on EU affairs at national, regional and local levels. Our core mission is to provide information on EU affairs to the Institutions, the stakeholders and the citizens through maintaining regular contact with the national Government, the Parliament, the press and media, other opinion shapers, organisations and citizens, as well as to represent the Commission in the Member State. We also gather information and keep the Commission services in Brussels informed of key political, social and economic developments in Bulgaria.
An exciting and challenging position as Head of Political Reporting and Policy Analysis Team at the Representation of the European Commission in Bulgaria.
The main tasks include:
- coordinating/contributing to reporting to the President, Commissioners and high-level EC officials
- communicating on the Commission priorities and seeking third-party endorsement from relevant stakeholders;
- gathering intelligence, reporting on political developments in the Member State and articulating the policies, actions and opinions of the Commission to the target audiences;
- developing and managing the Representation's contacts with the national Government, the Parliament, NGOs and other stakeholders
- ensuring that high level representatives of the Commission (e.g. Commissioners, Directors General) visiting the country get to meet the key figures in national political and economic life;
- drafting speeches, notes and briefings for the Head of Representation, the Deputy Head of Representation, visiting high level officials and various Commission services and cabinets;
- representing the Commission at various events/meetings in the Member State
- manage the budget and human resources of the Political Reporting and Policy Analysis Team, including external contractors if any.
We look for
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and committed colleague with excellent political, analytical and drafting skills and an ability to identify and present key issues in a clear and concise manner. Applicants must be able to work rapidly and effectively within tight deadlines. An in-depth knowledge of the national political and economic system is essential, as is an excellent knowledge of Community policies and how they impact upon the Member State. A good capacity to lead and motivate staff as well as fair knowledge of the Commission's administrative, financial and budgetary procedures is required (including at least basic knowledge of public procurement and grant award procedures). He/she must have an excellent command of Bulgarian and English. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to network with a range of stakeholders from politicians to civil society interest groups, are important.
Academic Qualification: University diploma (MA or BA equivalent) in Political Science, European Studies or a related field
Professional experience: 5 years, of which at least 3 years in a similar reporting/analytical role
How to apply: Please send a CV and a Motivation letter in PDF format to COMM-REP-SOF-APPLICATIONS@ec.europa.eu .
Deadline for applications: 13 October 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test in English followed by a panel interview.
The basic monthly salary for the relevant grade can be consulted in Article 66 of the Staff Regulations and is subject to a correction coefficient for each Member State.
Data Protection information can be consulted here.