Open Doors Day of the European Commission 2019
Celebrate Europe Day at the European institutions in Brussels with the annual Open Day on 4 May 2019 from 10.00 to 18.00. The Open Day of the European Institutions is the ultimate opportunity to explore the symbolic buildings of the European Capital.
Special activities inside (and outside) the institutions’ buildings like public debates, guided tours and games will show you what the European Union does for you and how you can influence it. No matter how old, you will find something for you at the six institutions that are opening their doors.
European Commission - FOCUS -
Step inside the nerve centre of the European institutions, where European Union policies and programmes begin and are implemented. Share your questions and ideas with over 150 specialist officials and take part in the dozen interactive activities and games to learn more about how Europe affects your daily life.
Description of the stands:
During the European Commission’s Open Day, there are some outdoor activities for young and old. These activities take place on the Esplanade of the Berlaymont building.
- Throughout the day, there will be nine music & dance groups performing on stage! Here is the programme.
- There are several circus artists present to entertain the youngest of us.
- Free water available at the “Source of Europe”!
- Would you like to express your thoughts about the future of Europe? You can do so on the Expression wall!
- Do you want to find out more about “electric cars”? Then this is the moment!
- You can play the “EU goose board game” and win fun gadgets at the same time!
- Did you always want to try “new urban mobility tools”? You can try it out between the Berlaymont building and the European Council! The visitors will get to try on segways, monowheels, electric scooters, etc. These new ways of getting about are becoming a common sight in many cities and have therefore an important role to play in the intermodality of our daily commute. The New Urban Mobility animation offers the visitors the opportunity to put these new vehicles to the test, while getting useful tips and tricks on how to be safe when using them in the traffic.
|The ‘Fête des Pains’ on the Rond-Point Schuman||Podium – on stage|