SHE FIGURES 2021
About She Figures
The She Figures publication is the main source of pan European, comparable statistics on the state of gender equality in research and innovation.
The data presented throughout six chapters, follow the 'chronological journey' of women from graduating from doctoral studies to participating in the labour market and acquiring decision-making roles, while exploring differences in women and men's working conditions and research outputs.
Explore the focus of each She Figures chapter below along with some data trends.
- The pool of graduate talent
- Participation in science and technology (S&T) occupations
- Labour market participation as researchers
- Working conditions of researchers
- Career advancement and participation in decision-making
- Research and innovation output
- Seven policy briefs were developed on emerging and ongoing policy priorities in the area of gender equality in R&I. The policy briefs cover topics related to women's presence, participation and progression in science, institutional culture and institutional change, gender imbalance in Europe's research leadership, gender dimension in research and innovation content and training, holistic view of STEM education at undergraduate level, promoting a gender perspective in innovation, and intersectionality.
- For each EU Member State, a country fiche has been developed with key results in thematic areas, so all European citizens can have more information on how their countries are performing.
- The updated 'She Figures Handbook' provides the latest methodological guidance on data collection and calculation of indicators.
The pool of graduate talent
Participation in science and technology (S&T) occupations
Labour market participation as researchers
Working conditions of researchers
Career advancement and participation in decision-making
Research and innovation output
Download the report