Eurojust Strategic Project and Action Plan against THB 2012 - 2016
On the occasion of the conference “Working together towards the eradication of trafficking in human beings: The Way Forward”, marking the Sixth EU Anti-Trafficking Day on 18 October 2012, Ms Michèle Coninsx, President of Eurojust, presented the "Eurojust Strategic Project and Action Plan against THB 2012 – 2016."
The Eurojust Strategic Project takes into consideration the actions proposed in the Commission’s Communication on the EU Strategy, the Eurojust’s commitments resulting from the 5th EU Anti-Trafficking Day, the reasons behind the small number of THB prosecutions, and the causes of the limited use of Eurojust.
The Eurojust Action Plan outlines six priorities for Eurojust 2012 – 2016:
- enhancing information exchange to get a better intelligence picture at EU level in THB;
- increasing the number of detections, joint investigations and prosecutions in THB cases and enhancing judicial cooperation in this area;
- improving coordination mechanisms, particularly for training, expertise and operational activities;
- increasing cooperation with third States in THB cases;
- using alternative approaches to combat human trafficking;
- disrupting criminal money flows and asset recovery in THB cases.
Read more on Eurojust Website