ADSTRINGO - Addressing trafficking for labour exploitation through improved partnerships, enhanced diagnostics and intensified organisational approaches
European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control, Finland
2012 – 2014 (24 months)
Partners and Co-beneficiaries
Ministry of the Interior, Lithuania; University of Tartu, Estonia; Council of the Baltic Sea States/SE
Objectives and results
The overall objective of is to develop national and regional partnerships and to further explore mechanisms facilitating exploitation. Nine countries of the Baltic Sea region are targeted - Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden.
For these purposes, the following activities are planned:
- Establishment of a platform for dialogue among key labour actors at the national level;
- Awareness raising campaigns at the regional level among governmental and private sector representatives in the Baltic Sea region
- Research on recruitment practices and roles of recruitment agencies and employers in preventing the exploitation of migrant labour
- Development of guidelines for the prevention of exploitation, targeted especially at recruitment agencies and employers
- Stimulation of political awareness and dialogue nationally and regionally through engagement with key policy makers.
Ms Ollus Natalia, email@example.com