Identification of TRafficked Asylum seeKers' Special needs
TRACKS- "Identification of TRafficked Asylum seeKers' Special needs"
- Total cost of the action: EUR 335.662,26
- EU contribution: EUR 384.140,83 (87,38%)
24 months from 1 January 2016
- The British Red Cross Society (BRCS)
- Churches Commission for Migrants in Europe (CCME)
- Spanish Commission for Refugees (CEAR)
- Italian Red Cross (ItRC)
- Immigrant Council of Ireland (ICI)
- Action for Equality, Support, Antiracism (KISA)
Objectives and results
- Give visibility and raise awareness of concerned actors (EU and national authorities and institutions, civil society organizations, experts and researchers) on the issue of THB within the asylum procedure at EU and national level;
- Give a voice to victims of THB to identify their specific needs in relation to asylum procedures and reception conditions throughout the EU;
- Improve practitioners capacities to identify and meet specific needs of victims of THB in relation to asylum procedures and reception conditions across the EU through exchange of good practices and knowledge;
- Bring consistency and coherence throughout EU Member States in the way asylum seekers victim of THB are accompanied and supported.
All will contribute to the "development of good practices between national asylum authorities and between them and other stakeholders on the identification of special procedural and reception needs" of trafficked asylum seekers and to the "development of common and national indicators and guidelines" for asylum seekers victims of THB, who are a more specific group within asylum seekers with special needs.
- Special needs of asylum seekers victims of trafficking are identified as well as how to adapt asylum procedures and reception conditions at national level, based on the recast Reception and Procedure Directives;
- Awareness of good practices at national and EU level is increased;
- A new set of innovative and tailored approaches, tools and methodologies are put at the disposal of THB practitioners and other relevant actors;
- Awareness-raising, capacity-building and networking of concerned stakeholders at national and EU level are strengthened.