European Commission, December 2015, 40 pages
The document describes how gender equality actions will be focused on five priority areas, namely:
- Increasing female labour market participation and equal economic independence;
- Reducing the gender pay, earnings and pension gaps and thus fighting poverty among women;
- Promoting equality between women and men in decision-making;
- Combating gender based-violence, including trafficking in human beings and protecting and supporting victims;
- Promoting gender equality and women's rights across the world.
In addition, it emphasises the need to integrate a gender equality perspective into all EU policies as well as into EU funding programmes.