OLAF is the lead service for the Commission Anti-Fraud Strategy and, more generally, for the conception and development of an EU anti-fraud policy. In addition, a board composed of the Secretary-General and the heads of other central Commission services, supported by OLAF's Director-General, provide coordination, oversight, advice and strategic orientation regarding the fight against fraud on a Commission-wide level.
- adapt fraud prevention, detection and investigation techniques to future threats
- recover a higher proportion of funds affected by fraud
- help anti-fraud bodies at EU level cooperate more effectively.
- deepen our knowledge of fraud patterns and trends
- use tailor-made anti-fraud strategies for each policy area while ensuring consistency and efficiency through a strong central review system
- further enhance cooperation at the EU-level and with Member States and combine efforts more efficiently
- Commission Anti-Fraud Strategy: enhanced action to protect the EU budget
- Annex to the Strategy
- Staff working document: Action Plan
- Staff working document: Fraud Risk Assessment
- Press release on the 2019 Anti-Fraud Strategy