You will find here all relevant information and forms to report fraud to OLAF.
You can contact us anonymously. You can communicate with OLAF in any of the 24 official EU languages.
The legal basis for the fight against fraud is Article 325 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (replacing Article 280 of the EC Treaty).
1. Establishment of OLAF
- Decision 1999/352/EC, ECSC, Euratom of 28 April 1999, establishing the European Anti-fraud Office
- Commission Decison 2013/478/EU of 27 September 2013
- Commission Decision (EU) 2015/512 of 25 March 2015
- Commission Decision 2015/2418 of 18 December 2015
2. OLAF's role and investigations
The following regulations and agreements define the Office’s main role and remit for carrying out its administrative investigations. These include investigations (concerning EU financial interests) in the Member States and those involving staff of the EU institutions.
- Consolidated version of Regulation No 883/2013 concerning investigations conducted by OLAF following its revision by Regulation (EU, EURATOM) 2016/2030
- Regulation (EU, EURATOM) 2016/2030 amending Regulation No 883/2013, as regards the secretariat of the Supervisory Committee of the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF), which entered into application on 1 January 2017
- Regulation (EU, EURATOM) No 883/2013 which came into force on 1 October 2013, replaced Regulation (EC) N° 1073/1999 and Regulation (EURATOM) N° 1074/1999 and was amended by Regulation (EU, EURATOM) 2016/2030
- Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 883/2013 as regards the establishment of a Controller of procedural guarantees
- Interinstitutional Agreement of 25 May 1999 specifically concerns investigations in the EU institutions
- Commission Decision (EC, ECSC, Euratom) No 396/1999 concerning the terms and conditions for internal OLAF investigations
- Guidelines on Investigation Procedures for OLAF Staff
3. Horizontal EU legislation concerning on-the-spot checks/inspections in the Member States
- Council Regulation No 2988/95 of 18 December 1995. This regulation is supplemented by Council Regulation (Euratom, CE) No 2185/96 of 11 November 1996.
4. Sectoral EU legislation
The following regulations contain provisions on the prevention and detection of irregularities:
- EU own resources: Council Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 609/2014 (applicable as of 1 January 2014, consolidated version, as amended by Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2016/804). Regulation No 1150/2000 (amended by Regulation No 2028/2004 and Regulation (EC Euratom) No 105/2009)
- Mutual Administrative Assistance: Commission Regulation (EC) No 696/98 is implementing Regulation (EC) No 515/97 as amended by Regulations (EC) No 807/2003, No 766/2008 and (EU) No 2015/1525. Main elements of (EU) No 2015/1525. Consolidated version of Regulation (EC) 515/97
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/757 of 3 February 2016 determining those operations in connection with the application of agricultural regulations which require the introduction of information into the Custom Information System
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/346 of 10 March 2016 determining the items to be included in the Customs Information System
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/345 of 10 March 2016 setting out the frequency of reporting of container status messages, the format of the data and the method of transmission
- Compliance Guidance for Sea-Carriers to report Container Status Messages (CSMs), as stipulated by Regulation 515/97 - Annex containing CN codes
- Data protection contractual clauses related to administrative arrangement - List of third countries that agreed to the clauses : Turkey, Serbia, FYROM.
- Common Agricultural Policy (CAP, including the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF) and European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)): Article 47 of Regulation (EU) No 1306/2013 (as amended per 1.1.2014) and, for Programming Period 2007 – 2013 Article 37 of Council Regulation (EC) No 1290/2005 of 21 June 2005.
- European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds : Provisions on internal control and on audits and checks regarding the European Regional Development Fund, the European Social Fund, the Cohesion Fund, the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund in : Articles 72 – 75 of Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013 (as amended per 14.12.2016). For the previous programming period, regarding the European Regional Development Fund, the European Social Fund and the Cohesion Fund only, see Articles 70 – 73 of Regulation (EC) No 1083/2006 (as last amended per 21.12.2013).
- Direct expenditure: Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012.
5. Notification of irregularities and recovery of misused funds
Financing of the CAP:
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/1971
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1975
- for Programming Period 2007 – 2013: Commission Regulation (EC) No 1848/2006
European Structural Funds, Cohesion Fund and European Maritime and Fisheries Fund:
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/1970
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1974
- for Programming Period 2007 – 2013 (Structural Funds and Cohesion Fund): Articles 27 - 36 of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1828/2006
Fund for European Aid for the Most Deprived:
Home Affairs Funds:
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/1973
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1977
- for Programming Period 2007 – 2013 (European Refugee Fund, External Borders Fund, European Return Fund and European Fund for the Integration of third-country nationals):
Council conventions, adopted or to be adopted by the Member States, to combat fraud/corruption at European level by harmonising national criminal law.
- Protection of EU financial interests: EU Convention of 26 July 1995 and its three protocols:
- Fight against corruption involving EU and Member State officials: EU Convention of 26 May 1997.
Commission reports concerning the implementation by Member States of the EU Convention of 26 July 1995 and its related protocols: