On this page you have access to a selection of video files for download. This service is provided for your convenience. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the use made of these files.
On the occasion of the political agreement on the reformed Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) between European Parliament, Council and Commission on 26 June 2013, this video features interviews with four farmers (in Portugal, Sweden, Romania and the Netherlands) and an independent expert, to illustrate the diversity of farms in the EU and the reasons for a “fairer and greener CAP”.
10 key points of the CAP reform proposals
Watch the video clips with Commissioner Cioloş' statements on the key points (in French with English subtitles).
- Better targeted income support
- Tools to address crisis management which are more responsive and better suited
- A "green" payment for preserving long-term productivity
- Additional investment in research and innovation
- A more competitive and balanced food chain
- Encouraging agri-environmental initiatives
- Facilitating the establishment of young farmers
- Stimulating rural employment and entrepreneurship
- Better addressing sensitive areas
- A simpler and more efficient CAP
For more videos go to the website of the Commission's Audiovisual Services.