The EU has financed many agriculture and forestry research and innovation projects through previous Framework programmes. Since early 2015, many projects have been supported by Horizon 2020.
You can get information on former and on-going agriculture, forestry and rural European research and innovation projects by:
- looking for project stories on the Horizon 2020 website
- following news on the EIP-AGRI website and subscribing to its newsletter
- searching the CORDIS database for information. See also complete list of Societal challenge 2 projects
- on Twitter: following @EUAgri, @EIPAGRI_SP, subscribe to @EUagri’s AgriResearch list, or search #AgriResearchEU and #H2020
Many platform and networking initiatives were launched under the last programming period and before.
For innovation projects funded under the common agricultural policy, find more information on the EIP-AGRI website.
Horizon 2020 projects
Over 640 projects financed under Societal challenge 2 have already started (including SME projects). Out of these, around 150 projects are projects of interest to agriculture, forestry and rural areas. These have been clustered into 12 main themes and grouped into easy to read AgriResearch factsheets.
Factsheets on EIP-AGRI and H2020 activities of interest for agriculture and rural areas (soils, water health, ecological approaches, ICT, etc)
One of the novelties introduced by H2020 was the multi actor approach (MAA). This approach aims at more demand-driven innovation by the genuine and sufficient involvement of various actors (farmers/farmers' groups, fishers/fisher's groups, advisors, enterprises, etc.) throughout the project.
- full list of multi-actor projects (including thematic networks)
Read also the full list of projects supported by the Bio-based industries joint undertaking (BBI-JU).