The Commission is assisted by a management Committee on the conservation, classification, collection and exploitation of genetic resources in agriculture.
As stated in Article 15 of Council Regulation (EC) No 870/2004, the Commission shall be assisted by a Committee. The role of the Committee is to advise the Commission on issues relating to the conservation and sustainable use of genetic resources in agriculture and to facilitate the exchange of information, experiences and good practices in the area of genetic resources in agriculture.
The members of the Committee are nominated by the Member States and are representing their respective public authorities. The composition of the group and the attendances may vary from meeting to meeting. The Committee has adopted its Rules of Procedure.
Meeting of 3 February 2014
- Commission Report "Agricultural Genetic Resources – from conservation to sustainable use"
- Preparatory Action"EU plant and animal genetic rsources in agriculture"
- EIP Focus Group "Genetic Resources: co-operation models"
- Genetic Resources and Horizon 2020
- Rural Development: Support for genetic resources in next programming period 2014-2020
- State-of-the-art in International dossiers
- Implementing the Nagoya Protocol in the European Union – Getting prepared for the entry into force of the EU Regulation on ABS