The role of the civil dialogue group on forestry and cork is to assist the Commission in maintaining a regular dialogue on all matters related to forestry and cork.
Civil dialogue groups are composed of at least European-level non-governmental organisations, including representative associations, socio-economic interest groups, civil society organisations and trade unions.
The civil dialogue groups’ tasks are:
- to hold a regular dialogue on all matters relating to the common agricultural policy, including rural development, and its implementation;
- to bring about an exchange of experience and good practice;
- to assist the Commission and advise on policy;
- to deliver an opinion on specific matters;
- to monitor policy developments.
The composition of the civil dialogue group on forestry and cork is as follows:
|Organisation||Number of seats|
The civil dialogue group is replacing the former advisory group on forestry and cork which was operational until spring 2014.