The composition of the civil dialogue groups will be decided upon on the basis of calls for applications.
The call for applications concerns the composition of 14 civil dialogue groups, each covering a different subject relating to the common agricultural policy, including rural development, and its implementation.
Membership of the civil dialogue groups is open to EU-wide non-governmental organisations, such as representative associations, socio-economic interest groups, civil society organisations, and trade unions registered in the joint European Transparency Register. These organisations may be admitted on condition that they:
- are not represented by a (higher-level) EU-wide umbrella organisation;
- have sufficient capacity to coordinate activities with the Commission and all their members;
- are well-established and stable;
- are active in the relevant field;
- have sufficient expertise in the relevant field.
Detailed information on the differents subjects and on how to apply for membership in a civil dialogue group can be found in the following documents:
- Animal products
- Arable crops
- Direct payments and greening
- Environment and climate change
- Forestry and cork
- Horticulture, spirits, olives and flowers
- International aspects of agriculture
- Organic farming
- Quality and promotion
- Rural development
- Women in rural areas
Deadline for the submission of applications is 30/04/2014.