The composition of the civil dialogue groups was decided upon on the basis of calls for applications.
The calls for applications concerned the composition of civil dialogue groups, each covering a different subject relating to the common agricultural policy, including rural development, and its implementation.
Membership in the civil dialogue groups is open to EU-wide non-governmental organisations, such as representative associations, socio-economic interest groups, civil society organisations, and trade unions registered in the joint European Transparency Register. These organisations could be admitted on condition that they:
- are not represented by a (higher-level) EU-wide umbrella organisation;
- have sufficient capacity to coordinate activities with the Commission and all their members;
- are well-established and stable;
- are active in the relevant field;
- have sufficient expertise in the relevant field.
Detailed information on the differents subjects and on how to apply for membership in a civil dialogue group:
- Animal products
- Arable crops
- Direct payments and greening
- Environment and climate change
- Forestry and cork
- Horticulture, olives and spirits
- International aspects of agriculture
- Organic farming
- Quality and promotion
- Rural development
- Women in rural areas
Deadline for the submission of applications was 30/04/2014.
On 18 July 2014 the Director-General of the Commission's Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development decided on the composition of the civil dialogue groups.