|Type of Agreement |
|Agreement for scientific and technological co-operation between the European Community and Ukraine|
|Place of Signature|
|Date of Signature|
|Date of Entry Into Force|
|Objective of Agreement|
|To establish broader collaboration in science and technology between the European Community and Ukraine in the framework of the global cooperation between the two parties.|
|Concluded for an initial period ending 31 December 2002 it is renewable every five years.
The Agreement is based on the principles of mutual benefit, reciprocal opportunities for access to programmes and activities, non-discrimination, and the effective protection of intellectual property, and equitable sharing of intellectual property rights.
It provides for:
- participation of Ukrainian entities in Community projects, in the areas of cooperative activities, and a reciprocal participation of entities established in the Community in Ukrainian projects in those areas.
Projects may also include a Party's scientific and technological organisations and may also be undertaken in cooperation with the Agencies and official bodies of the parties;
- free access to, and shared use of research facilities, including installations and sites for monitoring, observation and experimentation, as well as data collection, relevant to the cooperative activities;
- visits and exchanges of scientists, engineers or other personnel for the purposes of participating in seminars, symposia and workshops relevant to cooperation under the Agreement;
- exchange of information on practices, legislation, regulations and programmes relevant to cooperation under this Agreement;
- other activities as may be determined by the Joint Community-Ukraine Committee in accordance with the applicable polices and programmes of the Parties;
- the endorsement by the Parties of Technology Management Plans as a condition for research projects to proceed, as described in the Annex to the Agreement;
- co-operation activities to be subject to the availability of funds and to the applicable laws and regulations, policies and programmes of Ukraine and the Community; no transfer of funds will take place.
The dissemination and utilisation of information and the management, allocation and exercise of intellectual property rights resulting from joint research under the Agreement will be subject to the provisions in this Agreement.|
|Parties to the Agreement|
770-Research and Innovation