The effect of speed enforcement, as indeed of all traffic enforcement activities is substantially increased if it is supported by targeted information to the road user . The communication with road users should:
- Emphasize that safety is the goal of the enforcement activities
- Explain how and why speeding leads to more and more severe crashes
- Explain the enforcement method and procedures
- Preferably illustrate that the revenues of fines are used for the benefit of local road safety
- Provide feedback on the interim and final results of the enforcement activity, either in terms of traffic behaviour or safety.