GreeceAutomobile and Touring Club of Greece
Hellenic Institute of Transport (Ελληνικό Ινστιτούτο Μεταφορών)
HITs main objective is the conduct and support of applied research activities in the field of transportation in Greece. More specifically on issues relating to organization, operation, planning and development of infrastructure, and standardization, economic analysis, management, vehicle technology, and impact assessment of land, maritime, air, and multimodal transport services. Also training and education activities in related fields, dissemination of research activities and the Representation of Greece, in Transport Research and other relevant scientific fora abroad.
Hellenic Ministry of Transport and Communications
The mission of the Ministry of Transport and Communication is:
- to plan and implement national policy and create the appropriate institutional framework at European and international level for the development of top quality transport, mass-transit, telecom and postal services under conditions of healthy competition;
- to ensure the safety of transport, mass-transit and telecommunications;
to promote the Information Society;
- to contribute to the country's economic development and to the improvement of its citizens quality of life in the areas falling under the Ministry's responsibility.
National Statistical Service of Greece
The National Statistical Service of Greece concentrates on and operates properly in order to:
National Technical University of Athens
- coordinate effectively all the statistical works,
- ensure the harmonization of statistics compiled in our country, through uniform methodology, concepts, definitions and classifications to be applied by all services and institutions,
- provide methodological support to services and institutions asking its assistance,
- set up and update databases and meta-databases,
- provide products of high quality.
The National Technical University (NTUA) is the oldest and most prestigious educational institution of Greece in the field of technology, and has contributed unceasingly to the country's scientific, technical and economic development since its foundation in 1836.