- Monday, February 16, 2009 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - Washington D.C. - United States
- Organised by: U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
The results of the project will be demonstrated and presented. On the first day the main conclusions of the project are going to be presented. A panel session will discuss how the APROSYS results can be implemented to address the challenges articulated by the EU and industry.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - Amsterdam - Netherlands
- Organised by: TNO
First High Level Road Safety Forum for Iberoamerica and the Caribbiean
- Monday, February 23, 2009 - Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - Madrid - Spain
- Organised by: EISEVI
- Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - Thursday, March 05, 2009 - Kassel - Germany
- Organised by: FGSV
An international Conference on "Powered Two-Wheelers: New knowledge and needs for research
- Thursday, March 05, 2009 - Friday, March 06, 2009 - Marseille - France
- Organised by: INRETS
- T:+ 33490568655 F:+33490568618 E:Christinefirstname.lastname@example.org
There will be presentations on safe walking and cycling, on behavioral change and sustainability and on developing safe and sustainable fleet management policies. It is important to ensure that these two policy areas complement each other.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - London - United Kingdom
- Organised by: PACTS
Theme: Improving Urban Traffic Safety through Evidence-Based Decision Making: Achieving Success in Our Communities
Objectives: Opportunities to apply global expertise to local traffic safety problems; Initiate a dialogue with traffic safety stakeholders regarding the value and processes of evidence based decision making, community mobilization and an integrated approach; Raise awareness of traffic safety problems in our communities, and; Offer practical community-based solutions to traffic safety problems.
- Monday, March 16, 2009 - Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - Edmonton, Alberta - Canada
- Organised by: City of Edmonton
The aims of the congress is to lay foundations of an Central European platform for efficient exchange of information and experience from all areas of road safety, with a focus on strategic, legislative, regulation, technological, telematic, preventive and repressive aspects of road safety, and to enable development of synergic effects between road safety and its economy and ecology.
- Monday, April 20, 2009 - Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - Bratislava - Czech Republic
- Organised by: SDT ITSS and Technologies & Prosperity
The ITMA congress is of interest to a wide range of professionals involved in medical,behavioral and technical aspects of Road Safety and Driver Rehabilitation. This includes medical doctors, psychologists, occupational therapists, car-adaptation experts, engineers, policy makers and many others.
- Sunday, April 26, 2009 - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - Den Haag - Netherlands
- Organised by: The International Traffic Medicine Association (ITMA)
Velo-city wordt algemeen erkend als de belangrijkste fietsconferentie ter wereld. De fiets is een efficiënt, gezond, snel en ecologisch vervoermiddel. Door de verschillende edities draagt Velo-city bij tot de promotie van de fiets als praktisch en recreatief transport.
- Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - Friday, May 15, 2009 - Brussel - Belgium
Op het 13e ECOMM-congres staat centraal de kosteneffectiviteit van mobiliteitsmanagement. Ook is er aandacht voor mobiliteitsmanagement en
- stedelijke planning
- gezondheid en overgewicht
- opkomst van de fiets
- shared space
- toerisme en vrije tijd
- Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - Friday, May 15, 2009 - San Sebastian - Spain
Symposium participants will leave the meeting with insights that stimulate continued improvements to highway geometric designs. The Symposium will focus on the latest research, policies and innovative practices related to highway geometric design and their safety and operational effects.
- Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - Friday, June 05, 2009 - Valencia - Spain
- Organised by: TRB
During the first week of June 2009, Lisbon will host the 16th International Road Federation World Meeting 2009. Under the motto Meeting world expectations for better roads, the World Meeting will deal with some of the most far reaching and technically updated issues having to see with road infrastructure, transport and mobility.
To that end, the World Meeting’s Program will bring together worldwide top level representations of the automotive sector, exponents of the international road building industry and high-ranking planners. The purpose is to put together an invaluable mix of social and economic foresight, factual knowledge on achievements and in-depth information on enabling technologies.
- Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - Friday, June 05, 2009 - Lissabon - Portugal
- Organised by: IRF
- T:+41 22 306 0260 F:+41 22 306 0270 E:email@example.com
This conference is not only aimed at scientific excellence, but also at presentation skills and the ability to put science into practice. The planned research domains covered during this seminar are:
‐ Transport economics and transport behaviour
‐ Transport sustainability and environment
‐ Transport safety
‐ Intelligent transport systems (ITS)
‐ Transport civil and road engineering
- Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - Friday, June 05, 2009 - Turijn - Italy
- Organised by: Fersi
Reality and Vision - Common problems, European Solutions: this is the motto of the 4th Fit to Drive congress on the topic of fitness to drive and related road safety matters in Europe.
- Thursday, June 04, 2009 - Friday, June 05, 2009 - Tallinn - Estonia
- Organised by: TÜV
- Monday, June 15, 2009 - Thursday, June 18, 2009 - Stuttgart - -
- Organised by: BAST
This symposium is focused on providing an interdisciplinary forum for scientific exchange between users of driving assessment tools, applications and technology. Attendees will include researchers and practitioners working on applications of driving assessment from the perspective of engineering, psychology, medicine, and public health.
- Monday, June 22, 2009 - Saturday, June 27, 2009 - Big Sky, Montana - United States
- Organised by: University of Iowa
The Summit will strive to increase understanding and unify concern amongst traffic safety researchers, practitioners, and policymakers about the role of traffic safety culture on (1) behavioral factors,; and (2) attitudinal barriers to public and political acceptance of traffic safety interventions. Presentations by national and international experts followed by focused discussion will ensure that this event is a must attend for individuals in the traffic safety arena.
- Monday, June 22, 2009 - Big Sky, Montana - United States
- Organised by: AAA Foundation
Transport is a sector in which externalities are particularly important. It is no coincidence that Pigou's writings on the essence of external costs took a congested road as an example. Since then, massive growth in mobility has caused a dramatic increase in transport related externalities such as congestion, safety risks, noise and environmental emissions.
- Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - Saturday, June 27, 2009 - Amsterdam - Netherlands
- Organised by: Transumo
The focus of this 4th Conference is on the use of data for target setting and monitoring. The Conference is jointly organised by the Korean Ministry of Land Transport and Maritime Affairs, the Korean Transport Safety Authority and the IRTAD Group with the support of the World Bank, UN ESCAP and the Korean Society of Transportation.
- Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - Thursday, September 17, 2009 - Seoul - Korea, Republic Of
- Organised by: IRTAD Group, World Bank, UN ESCAP and Korean Society of Transport
ITS World Congresses gather some 5,000 participants from around the world looking to share experiences and build networks. As a decision-maker, manufacturer, supplier or consultant within the private or public sector, the World Congress is an opportunity for you to learn more about what ITS can do to improve the efficiency of your operations. What’s more, it is an excellent opportunity to show the general public how ITS can help them in their daily lives.
- Monday, September 21, 2009 - Friday, September 25, 2009 - Stockholm - Sweden
The Conference is unique in Europe, attracting over 500 transport practitioners and researchers to a meeting place, where they can find in-depth presentations on policy issues, best practice and research findings across a broad spectrum of transport modes.
- Monday, October 05, 2009 - Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - Noordwijkerhout - Netherlands
- Organised by: ETC
Here in Québec, winter lasts from 18 to 25 weeks; the ground freezes to a depth of 1.2 to 3 metres; the number of days with snowfall ranges from 50 to over 100; and daily temperatures can vary as much as 250C. So it comes as no surprise that we have spent so much energy designing materials, techniques and equipment that ensure the durability and safety of our road network, which stretches more than 120,000 km.
- Monday, February 08, 2010 - Quebec City - Canada