Infrastructure - TEN-T - Connecting Europe
Priority Project No. 22:
"Railway axis Athina-Sofia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Nürnberg/Dresden"
Gilles Savary was born in Oradour-sur-Vayres, France, on 6 December 1954.
- 1975 - Master's degree in economics
- 1976 - Specialised higher degree (DESS) in regional planning and regional development
- 1977 - Postgraduate diploma (DEA) in regional and urban analysis
- 1982 – 1985 - Technical adviser in the office of the Chairman of the Aquitaine Regional Council
- 1985 – 1987 - Adviser in the office of the Chairman of the Tarn-et-Garonne Regional Council
- 1988 - Adviser in the office of the State Secretary for Local Government Administration at the Ministry of the Interior
- 1988 – 1992 - Head of the office of the Chairman of the Gironde Regional Council
- 1992 – 1999 - Visiting lecturer in economics, Bordeaux Institute of Political Studies
- since 1997 - Member of the Socialist Party national council
- 2001– 2003 - National responsibility in the Socialist Party for public services
- 1997– 2001 - Vice-Chairman of the National Federation of Socialist and Republican Elected Representatives
- 1995 – 2004 - Leader of the Socialist Group on Bordeaux City Council
- since 2004 - Vice-Chairman of the Gironde Departmental Council
- 1998 – 1999 - Vice-Chairman of the Aquitaine Regional Council
- 1999 – 2009 - Member of the European Parliament
- 1999 – 2004 - Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Transport, Tourism and Regional Policy
- 2000 – 2004 - Chairman of the Intergroup on the Sky and Space
Gilles Savary is a substitute for the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, a member of the delegation for relations with Iran, and a member of the temporary committee on policy challenges and budgetary means of the enlarged Union 2007– 2013. He is a Knight of the National Order of Merit since 1999.
He is a specialist in the European Law of the public services and public services in networks, in the European Transport policies, economy of the aerospace transport sector, and has numerous references and professional European contacts in the energy sector. Gilles Savary is an author of numerous publications and media interventions on major European subjects.