Information on the regulations stabilising general and specific provisions for the Funds
• The means of the Cohesion Policy :
• The Council Regulation (EC) N° 1083/2006 lays down general provisions of the European Regional Development Fund, the European Social Fund and the Cohesion Fund.
• Cohesion policy finances, through IPA (Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance) core-network transport projects in accession countries.
• Most of the TEN-T projects financed by Cohesion policy are Major Projects i.e. transport projects of which total costs exceed EUR 50 million.
• JASPERS (Joint Assistance in Supporting Projects in European Regions) will help the authorities of the Member States in the preparation of Major projects, in regions covered by the Convergence Objective, for submission to the Commission.