" High-speed railway axis of south-west Europe"
Priority Project No. 19
" High-speed rail interoperability on the Iberian Peninsula"
Carlo Secchi was born in Italy on the February 4th, 1944.
- 1994-1999 - Member of the European Parliament in the IV Legislature and Vice-President of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee
- 1994-1996 - Member of the Italian Senate in the XII Legislature
- February-June 2000 - Member of the High level group of the European Parliament for the reform of the Statute and financial treatment of the Members of the European Parliament
- 2000-2004 - Rector of Bocconi University in Milan
- Member of Mediolanum, Pirelli & C., Mediaset and Italcementi's board of directors.
- 1983-2012 - Full Professor of European Economic Policy at Bocconi University in Milan
In July 2009, Mr. Secchi was appointed by the European Commission as European Coordinator for Infrastructural Priority Projects (railways) between France, Spain and Portugal.
Mr. Secchi is author of books and numerous articles on international trade, economic integration, EU policies and economic development; he is currently writing on various Italian newspapers and magazines.
As to his research activities, he was/is a consultant to various national and foreign research institutes and universities, to Italian public Institutions (including CNR – the Italian National Research Council) and to the European Union. He is also member of the Board of scientific Foundations and Institutions and Foundation “Alcide De Gasperi”. Mr. Secchi is vice-president of ISPI (Institute of International Political Studies) in Milan.
Currently Mr. Secchi is Director of the Institute on Latin American Studies and on Economies in Transition (ISLA) at Bocconi University in Milan. He is member (as independent director) of the Board of some of the main Italian copanies in various sectors; he is Chairman of the Italian Group of the Trilateral Commission.