Since 2010: President Former Members Association, European Parliament
Since 2010: European Coordinator for TEN-T Priority Project No. 1 – the railway axis Berlin-Verona/Milan-Bologna-Naples-Messina-Palermo.
Since 2012: Member of European Parliament special mission to Ukraine with Aleksander Kwaśniewski, former President of Poland, monitoring issues of selective justice.
- President, Alliance Française, Dublin
- Chairman of the Board, Limerick City of Culture 2014
- Chairman Advisory Board MBS International Public Policy and Diplomacy, University College Cork
- Vice President of the European Movement Ireland
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Friends of Europe, Brussels
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Edmund Rice Schools Trust, Dublin
- Member of the Board, Third Age Foundation, Dublin/Meath
- Patron of the Blue Box Creative Learning Centre, Limerick
- Patron the Federation for Victim Assistance, Ireland
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Michelin, France
- Member European Advisory Council Liberty Global, Netherlands
In 2004 he was awarded the International Charlemagne Prize for his achievements with regard to the enlargement of the European Union and for his work in promoting greater EU democratisation.
Mr Cox holds national honours bestowed by the Presidents of Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, France, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania; and Honorary Doctorates from Trinity College Dublin, the National University of Ireland, the University of Limerick, the Open University and the American College Dublin.
On 12th March 2014 Mr Cox was appointed European Coordinator for the TEN-T Scandinavian-Mediterranean Corridor, a multimodal corridor linking the major urban centres in Scandinavia to the Mediterranean passing through Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, Sicily and Malta and integrating the former Priority Project No. 1 .
Contact Mr Pat Cox here.