European Road Safety Day 2007 :: Events in Member States (summary)
- Vision Zero from 23rd to 29th of April targeted at young road users
- ETSC PIN Talk
- Flemish Congress on Road Safety in Flanders.
- European campaign on improved helmet wearing prepared by ACEM
- The "Brussels Safe Night" - huge awareness campaign organized by Responsible Young Drivers organized on 27 April 2007.
- The Ministry of Transport organized mass signing of European Road Safety Charter.
- Liberec motor show:
- Presentation of screen with analysis of accident frequency in Liberec region;
- Distribution of leaflets "death accidents in Liberec region 2006";
- Competition of policemen in operating traffic on crossroads in Liberec on 27 April 2007.
- The First Global Road Safety Week in Prague on 23-29 April 2007: National Road Safety Campaigns, seminars, road safety drawing contest for children and an exhibition at the UN House.
- "The Action" on 23 April 2007 - a traffic education program for young drivers.
- Transport Sectors Educational Fund opened advanced training Centre with simulators.
- The campaign "Cool people wear helmets! 2007" 23 April - 20 May 2007
- The Road Safety Week in Finland 23 - 29 April 2007: media campaign in television, radio with main themes speeding and seatbelt use.
- Youth Europe Tour organized by LASER Europe
- Collège Saint-Gabriel organised an activity about alcohol's danger and the examination of pupils' cycles.
- A "Junicode" was organised by "IDD".
- Campaign good driving - good behaviour, starting 23 April 2007 for 6 weeks.
- Defensive Driving Training, on 25th of April 2007, in Nanterre
- French Polynesia and New Caledonia: road safety activities linked to the First UN Global road safety week.
- Road Safety Day (25 April 2007) organised by a Secondary School in Poissy
- The Federal Ministry of Transport and DVR organized Youth Conference in Berlin and "Road Safety Day SPEZIAL" all over Germany; DVR provided leaflets, printing materials, press kits.
- Munich Orientation Convention developed a system which allows any user to guide himself.
- Bacardi Germany installed the drivers program Driver's Corners® in local gastronomy on the European Road Safety Day 2007, provided voluntary alcohol level testing and anti drink-driving information.
- The University of Duisburg-Essen developed a multimedia tool to support speed control posts.
- Deutscher Verkehrssicherheitsrat organized workshop for young drivers in Berlin on the 21 April 2007.
- The Hellenic Ministry of Transport and Communications released a postage stamp and publicised special newspaper articles and supplements.
- Workshop "Road Traffic Injuries" on 27 April 2007.
- Multiple-choice questioners with enclosed small road safety game and road safety charter were sent to local schools.
- Road Safety action towards emergency vehicles drivers on 23rd of April 2007.
- Young Driver - Driver Skills Day was presented by the Donegal Road Safety Working Group and the Road Safety Council Northern Ireland.
- Competition for design and name of a new road safety mascot ran by Donegal Road Safety Working Group.
- U.S. Naval Support Activity Naples Safety Office conducted a Motorcycle safety course for Italian workers employed by the U.S. Navy.
- "Vado Sicuro", an innovative project promoted by the Province of Rovigo, aims young people to acquire responsible road behaviour.
- The Italian Association of Toll Motorways organised an event on Fiano ovest with the help of the Road Police.
- The Province of Padua presented on 26 April 2007 the project "The Vulnerable People", concerning road education and road safety.
- SWEET SLIDE built a travelling mobile circuit for kindergartens and primary schools.
- Let's walk to open eyes: how to recognize the road signs - event on 28 April 2007
- Education of young people, lifesyles and road safety - event on 24 April 2007
- Forum "Youth and Road Safety" on 27th of April 2007
- A Conference on road accidents as a public health problem on 23 April 2007
- "Drive with Prudence - Zero alcohol, all life" on 25, 28 and 29 April 2007
- An event on youth and road risk factors on 24th of April 2007
- "The young users of the road" on 29 April 2007 and 8 Mai 2007
- Event for first aid doctors on 23 April 2007
- Meeting of popularization and knowledge spreading on medical aspects and first aid in road accidents on 26 April 2007
- Seventh edition of the road safety campaign ICAROYOUNG on 27 April 2007
- Ideas to communicate the road safety - event on 26 April 2007
- The right to safe transport is crucial when it comes to young drivers - event on 23 April 2007
- Back to driving after brain trauma - congress on 23 and 24 April 2007
- World Initiative Road Safety for the Youth, 28 April 2007
- Practice on first and immediate aid to traumatized victims from road accidents - event on 27th of April 2007
- Junior Bike Michelin on 21 April 2007
- Road accidents involving youth. Dynamics and prevention on 23 April 2007
- Event on injury prevention on 27 April 2007
- Event on 27 April 2007 highlighted the precautions to prevent traumatical injury, particularly to upper limbs
- The event "Road safety is not an accident" on 29 April 2007:
- Lessons for students of age from 13 to 16
- Practical experience in riding small motorbikes/mopeds or simulators for children of age from 13 to 16
- Final workshop "La Sicurezza stradale non è un caso"
- Scientific congress on 26 April 2007
- Peculiarities of vascular injury in road accidents, with particular regard to young drivers of motorcycles - event on 23 April 2007
- Let's run the life (per...corriamo la vita) from Locorotondo to Casamassima - event on 29 April 2007
- "Metti in moto la sicurezza "- road show '07 on 27 April 2007
- On 23 and 24 April 2007 young people had the opportunity to try a motorbike simulator.
- Playsafe: prevention of road accidents on 23 April 2007
- Event on medullar injuries on 23 April 2007 in Rome
- Road Safety is No Accident on 24 April 2007
- Conference on techniques of behaviour when driving cars and motorcycles to prevent injury at lower limbs on 26 April 2007
- First National Road Safety Conference 29 March 2007
- "Safe on the Road" project, 23-29 April 2007
- Assessment of anatomical and functional damage from road accidents in young people; aspect of prevention and indemnification, 23 April 2007
- Seminar dedicated to the scientific aspects of harm claim on 27 April 2007
- ROAD SHOW around Piedmont on 21 April 2007
- A conference on "Health in urban policies", a poster exhibition, a conference "Arezzo Provincial Observatory on Traffic Accidents", a training course for GPs "Urban mobility", "Edustra Days", "Children walking on the way home-school-home" and "Children on bike: safe roads for cycling children - BIMBIMBICI", April - May 2007
- Road Safety Meeting with the youth on 23 April 2007
- Road Safety: Free interactive lessons for high-schools students on 24 April 2007
- Sicurezza Stradale - Le stragi del sabato sera 20 April 2007
- Sicuri in strada 28 April 2007
- Road Safety Strategies for youth in tourist areas, 26 April 2007
- Sulle Strade dell'Etica 29 April 2007 - From Rome to Santiago de Compostela on bike: "Buke'n'Bike Occhio alla Buca!"
- A night for the life on 28th of April 2007
- Road safety campaigns about seat belts, alcohol, speed, etc organized by the Road Traffic Safety Directorate, the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Interior, the State police and private sector.
- National campaign on careless driving and tiredness "What do people do while driving" for 3 weeks, starting on 17 April 2007
- Safety Week "Road Safety" started on 23rd of April 2007
- Press Conference,
- Publication of an informative leaflet,
- Poster competition,
- Live discussion Radio Programme and
- Public event organized by the younger generation on a major road.
- "Practice day for young drivers" organized by the Province of Noord-Brabant.
- "Traffic Safety Week" organized by primary School "K. Norel"
- The Dutch Road Safety Week 23-27 April 2007
- In February a survey is held among pupils of the highest classes of primary school (9-12 years)
- The 1st Road Safety Forum "Road Safety is No Accident. Young Road Users as a High Risk Group" on 26 April 2007
- Action against drink-driving on 22nd of April 2007
- During the First UN Global Road Safety Week started on 23rd of April 2007, the abstainers associations in Poland distributed educational materials regarding the drivers' sobriety
- Global Road Safety Week Exhibition in April 2007
- Azores Government organized a formative campaign and distribution of a sticker ‘Drive carefully: we wait for you at home’ to each driver.
- The Portuguese Red Cross intended to participate in a regional and national meeting of young volunteers for the road safety and to speak with the children in the schools about behaviour and road safety.
- The Alcokart of Secondary School Gabriel Pereira
- Along with our Company, Liberty Seguros, other entities like DEKRA, ACP and Federação Nacional de Motociclismo visited 4 University Campuses (23, 24, 26, and 27 of April), where "Feira da Segurança" was constructed.
- Video on child safety presented by International House Coimbra on 23 April 2007
- The Hemicycle - More Tolerance, More Safety on 26 April 2007
- A High Level Road Safety Summit in the Parliament on 23 April 2007
- Safety Belt, Third National Campagne 15 April 2007
- ZS sv. Marka has workshop in primary school with traffic police officer.
- The Road Safety Day in Slovenia
- Activities of the Slovene Road Safety Council as a part of the First UN Global Road Safety Week in April 2007
- The programme "Street playing day" 25 April 2007
- A workshop "Alcohol and young drivers" for "traffic safety rules"-instructors on 24th of April 2007
- On April 23rd the Slovene Road Safety Council, the Ministry of Transport and the National Council organized a conference on which young people introduced their ideas and suggestions in the field of road safety
- Groups Organizandos publishes a control on the circulation, to verify the fulfilment of the norms in pedestrian crossings, behaviour of the pedestrians and the vehicles, traffic lights, shutdowns and parking, use of the lap belt and the Casco.
- Roadshow in Madrid: an exhibition of the road safety measures, daily seminar, games for children, safety demonstrations, efficient car driving lessons, demonstration of emergency services, etc.
- Course on the Biomechanics of Impact applied to Traffic Accidents at the Universidad de Navarra on 26 and 27 April 2007
- Information actions "Jovenes de mas de 50 años", presentation of conclusions and start of 2 campaigns, addressed to young people and children, 23-27 April 2007
- Road Safety Day dedicated to buses and cars organized by Spanish Federation of employers in transport of passengers
- IV Safety Road Campaign for Young People in Extremadura, 23-29 April 2007
- During the First UN Global road safety week, actions in Spain and Portugal regarding tyres pressure
- A traffic education program for young drivers in the Czech Republic "The Action" and in Spain "The Road Show" on 23rd of April 2007
- Intensive Speed Surveillance Week 23-29 April
- European wide speed enforcement operation from 23 to 29 April 2007
- Driving forward - Global Road Safety Week in 2007 on 23 April 2007
- The FedEx & Brake Road Safety Academy Project during the Global Road Safety Week
- Road Safety Campaign during the First United Nations Road Safety Week
- A new 'safe cycling' module on 3M Streetwise (online child road safety teaching resource) launched by 3M on 20 April 2007
- Stockbridge Library, Central Library and Morningside Library started on 23 April 2007 displaying materials on road safety problem globally
- Meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Justice for Road Traffic Victims on Event Data Recorders on 26th of April 2007
- MAWWFRS UN Road Safety Support Event on 27th of April 2007
- National Road Safety Forum on 25th of April 2007
- Panel Discussion: 'Murder Most Foul' revisited: Are we doing enough for our young people or are we still blaming the most vulnerable?, on 26 April 2007
- Promotion of Event Data Recorders (black boxes) in all vehicles on 23 April 2007
- The Make Roads Safe campaign organised a 'Rally for Safer Roads' in London on 23 April 2007
- Reprint of 'Murder most Foul; A Study of the Road Deaths Problem', by JS Dean, 23 April 2007
- When Lives Collide: A photographic exhibition of road crash scenes and bereaved road victims, 23 April 2007, Leeds