- Forbidden lanes are indicated by specific road signs.
- Bicycle routes are reserved for bicyclists.
- Sidewalks are reserved for pedestrians.
- Bus lanes are reserved for buses (public transport).
- The emergency lane may not be used except where this is expressly permitted (e.g. by a road sign).
- Red light in the shape of a cross means that the lane may not be used.
- driving with a vehicle on sidewalk (100 CHF)
- driving with a vehicle on tram rail tracks (60 CHF)
- driving with a vehicle on bus lane (60 CHF)
- driving with a vehicle on bicycle lane (100 CHF)
The information on this website according to Article 8(1) of the road safety directive (Directive 2015/413/EU) is provided by the national authorities in the country concerned. In the event of any conflict between the provided data and the rules in effect in a given country, the latter take precedence. The data are meant purely as a documentation tool and the Commission does not assume any liability for their content or their accuracy.