European Road Safety Action Programme 2011-2020: Public consultation results
Brussels, 2 December 2009
Wednesday, 2 December 2009 from 9:30 to 18:00
Room de GASPERI, building Charlemagne, rue de la Loi 170, Brussels, European Commission
We hope you can join us!
The European Commission will host a conference on road safety in the European Union on 2 December 2009 in Brussels, Charlemagne building. This will be an occasion to release the results of the consultation process on the next European Road Safety Action Programme (2011-2020).
The conference will be opened by Vice-President Tajani and will also be addressed by Mr Brian Simpson, President of the TRAN Committee of the European Parliament and Mrs Åsa Torstensson, Transport Minister of Sweden.
The floor will be given to panellists from different backgrounds who will share their experience on the following subjects
1. Safety of vehicles and of infrastructure
• The safety of motorcycles
• Road safety and the vehicles of the future (electric,…)
• Road safety and climate change (eco-driving,…)
• Infrastructure adjusted to all road users (pedestrians, handicapped, elderly,…)
• The supervision of the safety of roads and motorways
2. The European citizen, actor of road safety.
• Road victims
• Professional drivers
• Public authorities
• Traffic police
• Doctors helping vulnerable road users and elderly people
• Citizenship, responsibility and traffic education
Each panel discussion will be followed by a debate with the room.
This event will be used to launch the new Internet/Europa website of the European Commission.
The 2009 awards ceremony of the European Road Safety Charter will be the concluding event of the day.
Register to the conference here before November 20 2009.
In case you have questions or comments please contact us by e-mail via the following address:
As we receive it, further information will be published here.