Your passenger rights
when travelling by train

Top of the content box

Right to complain

As a rule, complaints should be made to the rail company which issued the ticket, be it the ticket selling office or the central customer service department.
You can also submit your claim to any other rail company involved in the transport. However, special rules apply in the case of personal injury.

You may also lodge a complaint to the authority responsible for the enforcement of the passenger rights Regulation or another independent complaint handling body in your country.
(list in this leaflet and on

Bottom of the content box

What should you do if you believe your passenger rights have been infringed?

If you consider that your entitlements under rail passenger rights have been breached:

  • You should first contact the railway company or the station manager.
  • If you are not satisfied with their response, you can lodge a complaint with a National Enforcement Body (NEB).

NOTE: Complaints should in principle be made in the country where the incident took place.