- Environment: Lower NOx at Higher Altitudes. Policies to Reduce the Climate Impact of Aviation NOx Emission [2 MB]
- Environment: Aircraft Noise Exposure at and around Community Airports : Evaluation of the Effect of Measures to Reduce Noise [2 MB]
- Environment: Sound Noise Limits - Options for a uniform noise limiting scheme for EU airports [863 KB]
- Environment: Economic incentives to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions from air transport in Europe [3 MB]
- Internal market: The potential impact of proposed amendments to Council Regulation 2299/89 with regard to Computerised Reservation Systems (Brattle Group and Norton Rose) [739 KB]
Functional Airspace Blocks
- Evaluation of Functional Airspace Block (FAB) initiatives and their contribution to performance Improvement
Final report [5 MB]
Executive final report [3 MB]
The report "Evaluation of Functional Airspace Block (FAB) initiatives and their contribution to performance improvement" has been produced by the independent Performance Review Commission (PRC) of Eurocontrol upon the request of the European Commission.
It provides a factual and independent assessment of the nine Functional Airspace Blocks (FAB) initiatives as of 1st July 2008. It identifies a number of key factual assessments and proposes several recommendations to Member States, the European Commission and ATM stakeholders to foster the creation of FABs with a view to improving ATM performance in Europe.
- Functioning of the Internal Market
Part 1: Air Transport Infrastructures in the New EU Member States
This part looks in great detail at all airports open to commercial traffic in the "EU10+2" countries. It is composed of 12 individual country reports. All non restricted aspects have been taken into consideration: traffic data, financial information, contact information, technical data, history, past, present and future investments, etc. In order to show the physical look of each airport a comprehensive set of colour photos is provided.
This part is a comprehensive stocktaking exercise that explores and explains on the one hand how land-use planning and management is done in the various Member States and then explains how these systems are applied to the planning and land-use management around airports. Again 25 individual country reports and a conclusions report are provided. The latter brings together the lessons learned and provides summaries for each country.
- Provision of aeronautical information for the European Upper Flight Information Region (EUIR) [4 MB]
- Implementation rules of economic regulation within the framework of the implementation of the single Sky [3 MB]
- Definition of the priorities for Single European Sky implementation rules related to the interoperability of the European Air Traffic Management Network [572 KB]
- Review of air traffic control training requirements with a view to reinforcing harmonisation and increasing mobility [264 KB]
- Roadmap for the introduction of satellite navigation in European Air Traffic Management (ATM) [666 KB]
- Roadmap for the implementation of data link services in European Air Traffic Management (ATM) [6 MB]
- Analysis of the Provision of Meteorological Services in the Framework of the Single European Sky [205 KB]
- Institutional issues concerning joint developments in the field of Flight Data Processing systems [4 MB]
- Study on the Impact of Directive 96/67/EC on Ground Handling Services 1996-2007 [2 MB] ( Annex [826 KB] )
- Quality and efficiency of ground handling services at EU airports as a result of the implementation of Council Directive 96/67 EC [2 MB]
- International Aviation: The European Common Aviation Area (ECAA) and the Western Balkans: Domestic Reforms and Regional Integration in Air Transport [203 KB]
- Security: Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1082/2012 amending Commission Regulation (EU) No 185/2010 in respect of EU Aviation Security Validations [2 MB]
- Security: Facilitation of Aviation Security Feasibility Study of “Registered Passenger” Concept [978 KB]
- SESAR: Assessment of options, benefits and associated costs of the SESAME Programme for the definition of the future air traffic management system [3 MB]