The report suggested:
- setting up a strong Community regulator, with sufficient resources and independent of the various interests at stake, and defining ambitious targets to maintain and improve safety;
- considering airspace as a common resource to which all users may have access and managing it as a continuum, starting with the upper level;
- increasing synergy between the European Union's regulatory authorities and the expertise within EUROCONTROL and actively supporting the Community's accession to EUROCONTROL;
- arranging for the specific and operational participation of the military authorities by applying the appropriate mechanisms;
- promoting the introduction of new technologies, with absolute priority for safety, and improving interoperability between systems and technologies;
- increasing the involvement of professional and trade union organisations in social dialogue at Community level and gradually introducing European training.