The aim of this first EU-ASEAN Aviation Summit is to enhance strategic dialogue between the EU and ASEAN, and discuss the benefits of promoting and building closer EU-ASEAN aviation relations. It is being organised jointly by the European Commission Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE) and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as represented by the ASEAN Air Transport Working Group and the ASEAN Secretariat. The summit is hosted by the Government of Singapore.
The summit consists of a series of presentations and discussions over one-and-a-half days, covering topics such as:
- single aviation markets – EU and ASEAN experiences in integrating markets, removing barriers and regulating air transport
- market outlook and business opportunities in the ASEAN, EU and ASEAN-EU aviation markets
- aviation safety – regulation and potential for cooperation
- air traffic management – challenges and opportunities
- EU-ASEAN – the way forward in aviation
Who is expected to participate?
Top-level decision-makers involved in the European and South-East Asian aviation and aerospace industries and services, including:
- policy-makers – government and regulators – including Siim Kallas (European Commissioner for Transport), Sommad Pholsena (Lao PDR Minister for Public Works and Transport and currently Chair of ASEAN Transport Ministers), and Lui Tuck Yew (Singapore Minister for Transport), who are scheduled to open the summit
- senior industry executives from the public and private sectors – representing airlines, regional airline associations, airports, air navigation service providers and manufacturers.
The Summit takes place during the week of the Singapore Airshow 2014.
If you wish to attend, please register:
Places are limited by the capacity of the venue. The organisers reserve the right to close registration once the capacity limit is reached.
Please wait for the confirmation e-mail from the organisers before making travel arrangements or booking accommodation.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved in the venue hotel for participants at a special rate. More information will be provided in the confirmation e-mail from the organisers confirming your registration.
Participants are requested to make their own travel arrangements to and from the summit (including any visa requirements).
If you have any questions, please contact EU-ASEAN-Aviation-Summit@ec.europa.eu.