- Overall country rank : 5
- Area (1000 km2): 43.0
- Nominal GDP (million €): 257 444
- Population (million): 5.617
- Expenditure per head on transport-related items (€): 2500
- Allocation of EU funding for transport 2007-2013 (million €): 0.7
Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T)
- Global Expenditures on TEN-T - 2007-2013 (million €): 4 629
- Number of awarded TEN-T Decisions (FP 2007-2013): 18
- Number of awarded TEN-T innovation Decisions (FP 2007-2013): 3
Modal split of passenger transport
Modal shares in % of passenger-km of passenger transport on land.
Source: DG MOVE estimates based on Eurostat, ITF, UNECE and national data, 2013
Modal split of freight transport
Modal shares in % of tonne-km of freight transport on land. Road data is based on the activity of national hauliers, performed both at national and at international level, data for the other modes is based on the transport activity of any operator within the national territory.
Source: Eurostat, DG MOVE estimates, 2013.