Balearic Islands Coastal Observing and Forecasting System
Public research consortium
IV - Expertní skupiny typu „think tank“, výzkumné a akademické instituce
expertní skupiny typu „think tank“ a výzkumné instituce
Ctra. Valldemossa, km 7,4
Parc BIT, Ed. Naorte, Bloque A, Pl2a-P3
07121 Palma de Mallorca
Office of the Director
1. To support peer reviewed research along three internationally established research lines that have particular relevance to the oceanography and societal needs of the Balearic region, namely understanding:
- The role of the oceans in our climate system, climate impact and climate variability effects in the Mediterranean Sea
- The interaction between major Mediterranean currents and the shelf environments and their influence on the ecosystem variability
- The nearshore morpho-dynamics and sea level variability in response to climate change
2. To contribute to the development of operational oceanography technologies, specifically:
- To develop new products, sensors, tools and systems to enhance the real-time capabilities of the observational facilities and numerical modelling.
- To expand SOCIB operational oceanography activities through adding new,complementary platforms, techniques and processes, in response to identified science, technology or society needs.
- To progressively improve the observed information, adding new variables,increased range of spatial-temporal scales, and developing additional products and services in response to stakeholders needs.
3. Support the strategic needs from society in the context of global change:
- Through developing operational tools for decision support and the transfer of knowledge for sustainable management of the coastal ocean
- Through the development of science based (ICOM) coastal and ocean management, in the general frame of sustainability science.
4. To support and encourage the broad use of SOCIB data and services through:
- Open, well designed and easy to use data access systems
- Partnership with external research organisations
- Transfer of knowledge, through outreach, education, training and mobility activities
5. To develop and maintain an international perspective, in order to increase the international visibility of the ICTS, to attract the participation of the best researchers from around the world, and over the medium term to advance towards participation within the European ESFRI framework.
6. To support SOCIB publications made in collaboration with key Balearic research institution, such as IMEDEA (CSIC-UIB), COB-IEO and UIB, and other national and
international, and progressively with other key national and international partners and collaborators.
Water Framework Directive
Marine Strategy Framework Directive
Integrated Maritime Policy
|žádné akreditované osoby|
01/2014 - 12/2014
< 9 999 €
3 000 000 €
3 000 000 €
Naše organizace v posledním uzavřeném finančním období žádné prostředky od orgánů EU nezískala.
1 500 000 €
1 500 000 €
V rámci registrace organizace podepsala kodex chování rejstříku transparentnosti.